I am a faculty at Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar (Gujarat) since September 2003. This institute offers only one undergrad degree program and that is of B Tech in ICT (Information and Communication Technology). Some students may also opt for B.Tech. (Hons. in ICT with minor in Computational Science). Apart from this, DA-IICT offers five PG level courses which are Ph.D., M.Tech. (ICT), M.Sc. (IT), M.Sc. (ICT in Agriculture and Rural Development) and M.Des. (Communication Design).
Ph.D. (Physics)IIT Delhi1993
M.Sc. (Physics)University of Roorkee1988
Assistant ProfessorDA-IICTSept 2003 - June 2015
Manager – Technology CentreVasu Tech Limited, New DelhiJuly 2000 - Aug 2003
Chief Manager – Process, Management, Management Representative, Manager – R & DEscorts Construction Equipment Ltd., FaridabadJuly 1996 - June 2000
Senior Scientific OfficerFiber Optics Group, Phys Dept., IIT DelhiAug 1994 - July 1996
Research area: Quantum OpticsCentre for Theoretical Studies, IISc Bangalore, Bangalore Institute Research AssociateAug 1993 - July 1994
Applications of Image Processing, Fiber Optics and Optical Communication, High speed Semiconductor Devices, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Quantum Optics, Technologies for Humanitarian Challenges.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.079
- Accelerometer Based Handwriting Recognition of English Alphabets Using Basic Strokes. TENCON 2017 – 2017 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Penang, Malaysia, 2017, pp. 1409-1414. DOI: 10.1109/TENCON.2017.8227846
- Design of a Low-power, Low-cost ECG & EMG Sensor for Wearable Biometric and Medical Application. 2017 IEEE SENSORS, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2017, pp. 1-3. DOI: 10.1109/ICSENS.2017.8234427
- Enhancing Effectiveness of Motor Rehabilitation Using Kinect Motion Sensing Technology. Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference: South Asia Satellite (GHTC-SAS), 2013 IEEE, pp. 298-304, 2013. DOI: 10.1109/GHTC-SAS.2013.6629934.
- Exposing structural tampering in digital images. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), 2012, pp. 1-6. DOI: 10.1109/ISPCC.2012.6224369.
I offer the following courses :
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Solid State Devices
- Optical Communications.
Position Of Responsbility
Member-at-Large, IEEE Sensors Council2018 - 2019
Convenor, Undergraduation Programme Committee2016 - till date
Treasurer, IEEE India Council2015 - 2016
You can find me at my office located at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar. You can visit me in Faculty Block 1, Room No. 1104.
I am at my office on weekdays from 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM.