I am a faculty at Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar (Gujarat) since September 2003. This institute offers only one undergrad degree program and that is of B Tech in ICT (Information and Communication Technology). Some students may also opt for B.Tech. (Hons. in ICT with minor in Computational Science). Apart from this, DA-IICT offers five PG level courses which are Ph.D., M.Tech. (ICT), M.Sc. (IT), M.Sc. (ICT in Agriculture and Rural Development) and M.Des. (Communication Design).
University of Roorkee
Sept 2003 - June 2015
Manager – Technology Centre
Vasu Tech Limited, New Delhi
July 2000 - Aug 2003
Chief Manager – Process, Management, Management Representative, Manager – R & D
Escorts Construction Equipment Ltd., Faridabad
July 1996 - June 2000
Senior Scientific Officer
Fiber Optics Group, Phys Dept., IIT Delhi
Aug 1994 - July 1996
Research area: Quantum Optics
Centre for Theoretical Studies, IISc Bangalore, Bangalore Institute Research Associate
Aug 1993 - July 1994
Applications of Image Processing, Fiber Optics and Optical Communication, High speed Semiconductor Devices, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Quantum Optics, Technologies for Humanitarian Challenges.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.079
- Accelerometer Based Handwriting Recognition of English Alphabets Using Basic Strokes. TENCON 2017 – 2017 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Penang, Malaysia, 2017, pp. 1409-1414. DOI: 10.1109/TENCON.2017.8227846
- Design of a Low-power, Low-cost ECG & EMG Sensor for Wearable Biometric and Medical Application. 2017 IEEE SENSORS, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2017, pp. 1-3. DOI: 10.1109/ICSENS.2017.8234427
- Enhancing Effectiveness of Motor Rehabilitation Using Kinect Motion Sensing Technology. Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference: South Asia Satellite (GHTC-SAS), 2013 IEEE, pp. 298-304, 2013. DOI: 10.1109/GHTC-SAS.2013.6629934.
- Exposing structural tampering in digital images. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), 2012, pp. 1-6. DOI: 10.1109/ISPCC.2012.6224369.
I offer the following courses :
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Solid State Devices
- Optical Communications.
Position Of Responsobility
Member-at-Large, IEEE Sensors Council
2018 - 2019
Convenor, Undergraduation Programme Committee
2016 - till date
Treasurer, IEEE India Council
2015 - 2016
You can find me at my office located at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar. You can visit me in Faculty Block 1, Room No. 1104.
I am at my office on weekdays from 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM.