I am currently an Associate Professor at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar. Please click here for my up to date CV.
Note: I am actively looking for PhD students who have research interests in the broad areas of wireless communications and networking. Please browse through the Research Interests to get an idea on some of the current research areas.
PhD (E&C)University of British Columbia, Canada2009
Master of Science (M.S.)Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA. Thesis title: Capacity of MIMO Systems - A Theoretical and Practical Perspective.2004
Associate ProfessorDA-IICT, GandhinagarOct., 2016 - to date
Assistant ProfessorDA-IICT, GandhinagarApril 2009 - Sept., 2016
PHY/MAC layer design aspects of Wireless networks, Statistical Signal Processing, Information Theory, Game theory, Non-linear Optimization.
- L. S. Pillutla and R. Annavajjala, “Bayesian CRLB for Joint AoA, AoD and Multipath Gain Estimation in Millimeter Wave Wireless Networks”, Globecom 2017, Singapore.
- L. S. Pillutla and R. Annavajjala, “Integrated Acquisition and Tracking Scheme for Channel Estimation in Millimeter Wave Wireless Networks”, PIMRC 2017 Montreal, Canada.
- P. Tiwari, D. Meena and L. S. Pillutla, “Adaptive Learning Based Directional MAC Protocol for Millimeter Wave Wireless Networks”, PIMRC 2017, Montreal, Canada.
- L. S. Pillutla, “Network Coding Based Distributed Indoor Target Tracking Using Wireless Sensor Networks,” Springer Journal on Wireless and Personal Communications, vol. 96, no.: 3, October 2017 (URL: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11277-017-4069-7).
- PG Level: Advanced Wireless Communications, Advanced Digital Communications, Information Theory and Coding, Detection and Estimation Theory, Statistical Estimation Theory, Basics of Communication Systems, Stochastic Processes with Applications.
- UG Level: Analog and Digital Communications and Computer Networks.
Room # 4203, Faculty Block – 4, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat - 382007.