PhD (English)IIT Roorkee2010
- English Studies
- Performance Studies & Cultural Studies
- Gender Studies
- Co-edited with Deepti Gupta. The English Paradigm in India: Essays in Language, Literature and Culture (Palgrave Macmillan, 2017)
- Culinary Images and Identity: Food in the Selected Fiction of Three Diasporic Indian Women Writers. (Lambert Academic Publication, 2012)
Edited the Special Issue on Food in Indian Literature for Muse India, May-June 2011.
- (Journal Paper reprinted as book chapter) “”India on a Platter”: A Study of Gurinder Chadha and Mayeda Berges’ Cinematic Adaptation of The Mistress of Spices” Contemporary Literary Criticism (CLC). Gale-Cengage Learning, US. Volume 316, 2012. pg 28-34.
- Co-authored with Rajyashree Khushu-Lahiri. “Indian Wife in American Kitchen: A Study of Wife”. Bharati Mukherjee: Critical Perspectives. Ed. Somdatta Mandal. Pencraft Books. New Delhi, 2010. 134-143.
SELECT JOURNAL PAPERS:
- “Eat, Cook, Reinvent: The Female Traveller and the Tourist Gaze in Contemporary Bollywood”. APPERCEPTION: Journal of the Department of English, Visva Bharati, Volume 8. July 2015- June 2016.
- Co-authored with Rajyashree Khushu-Lahiri. “Interpreting a Culinary Montage: Food in Jhumpa Lahiri’s Interpreter of Maladies”. ASIATIC. Volume 6 Number 1 2012. pg 73-83.(http://asiatic.iium.edu.my/article/Asiatic%206.1%20pdf%20files/Article.Shweta.Khushu_Lahiri.pdf)
- Co-authored with Rajyashree Khushu-Lahiri. “Ghastly Gravies: Food Images and Body in Bharati Mukherjee’s Wife and J Co-authored with Khushu-Lahiri. Journal of School of Languages. Volume 16. 2011.
- Co-authored with Rajyashree Khushu-Lahiri. “The Theatre of Subversion: A Case from Kannada Theatre”.ASIATIC. Volume 3, Number 1 June 2009. pg. 69-78. (http://asiatic.iium.edu/my/v3n1/index.htm).
- Co-authored with Rajyashree Khushu-Lahiri. “India on a Platter: A Study of Gurinder Chadha and Paul Mayeda Berges’s Cinematic Adaptation of The Mistress of Spices”. Postcolonial Text. Volume 4, Number 2 2008. (http://postcolonial.org/index.php/pct/article/view/861/603)
CREATIVE WORKS & TRANSLATIONS:
- “The Beautiful Ratio”. Vengeance: A Sting in Every Tale. Sonia Rao. KDP. 2015.
- “Snow Starved” Every Day Poems. September 2012.
- “ms word” and “English studies in the Age of (Mechanical) Engineering” in Transnational Literature. Volume 3 Issue 1, November 2010.
- “Spanish Omelette” in The Editors Choice Contemporary Short Stories in Indian English. Sunil Sharma and Jaydeep Sarangi, GNOSIS, New Delhi, 2010.
- “Perfect Cake”. Menupoems. Alimentum: The Literature of Food. April 2010.
- “Sing Jo-Jo: Translations of Lullabies from Karnataka” in Glorious Trends: Indian Writings, Films and Translation. Jaydeep Sarangi. Book Enclave, New Delhi, 2010.
- “Filmy Poems.” Re-markings. Volume 8 Number 2 September 2009.
- “Tea and other poems”. Muse India. Issue 25, May-June 2009.
- “Colonial Commode” Postcolonial Text. Volume 4 Number 4, 2008.
- “Are These the Marks of Blow?” Indian Literature. Volume 242, 2008
- Language and Literature
- Introduction to Drama
- Creative Writing
- Women’s Writings
- Communication Skills
- Introduction to Narratology
Email add: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Add: 4211, Faculty Block 4, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar.