I am a faculty at DA-IICT. I joined the institute in Winter of 2016.
I was with Hughes Network Systems in Germantown, MD, USA, from 1996 to 2016.
I obtained my post-graduate education from Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, VA, USA, and my undergraduate degree from L. D. Engineering College in Ahmedabad.
Thank you for your interest and visiting my page. See also this webpage that I am more actively maintaining.
PhD (Electrical Engineering)Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA2012
M.S. in Electrical Engineering with Major in Wireless CommunicationsVirginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA1996
B.E. in Electronics and Communications EngineeringL. D. Engineering College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India1992
Senior Principal EngineerHughes Network Systems, Germantown, MD, USAJune 1996 to June 2016
Graduate Research AssistantECE Department, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USAAugust 1995 to May 1996
Summer InternLCC Inc., Arlington, VA, USAMay to August of 1995
Junior EngineerEssar, Hazira, IndiaOctober 1992 to August 1994
Wireless Communications, Satellite Communications, Signal Processing, Detection and Estimation Theory, Information Theory and Coding Theory, Machine Learning and AI, Cognitive Communications, LTE and 4G/5G, MIMO Channels
- Y. Vasavada, R. Gopal, C. Ravishankar, G. Zakaria, and N. BenAmmar, Architectures for Next Generation High Throughput Satellite Systems. International Journal Satellite Communication Network, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/sat.1175
- Y. Vasavada, X. Huang, A. Purohit, C. Ravishankar, and J. Corrigan III, “Method for Iterative Estimation of Global Parameters,” US Patent 9,099,776; 2015
- Y. M. Vasavada, A. A. L. Beex and J. H. Reed, “SIMO Diversity Reception in Rayleigh and Rician Fading with Imperfect Channel Estimation,” IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICACCI.2016.7732030
- Y. Vasavada, and C. Prakash, “An Iterative Message Passing Approach for Compressive Spectrum Sensing,” IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICACCI.2017.8125834
- Y. Vasavada, D. Arur, C. Ravishankar, “User Location Determination Using Delay and Doppler Measurements in LEO Satellite Systems,” IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), 2017. DOI: 10.1109/MILCOM.2017.8170797
- Introduction to Communication Systems (CT-111, BTech 2nd Semester)
- Digital Signal Processing (CT-321, BTech 5th Semester)
- Satellite Communications (CT-474, Btech 7th Semester)
- Advanced Digital Communications (CT-516, MTech 2nd Semester)
Office: Faculty Block I, Room 1224, DA-IICT, Nr. Indroda Circle, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Phone (Office): (+91) 079-30510634